NADFAS Heritage Volunteers are teams of committed non-specialist volunteers who work under the guidance of curators and other professionals to help conserve our heritage.
NADFAS Heritage Volunteers undertake projects for:
- National Trust properties
- historic houses
- libraries and gardens
They give their time to care for collections, record documents and act as guides and stewards.
Current projects include:
- On-site conservation of books, manuscripts, archives and maps
- Cataloguing documents and archival listing
- Conservation of arms and armour, medals and military silver
- Preventative conservation of textiles, replica work and creation of period costumes
- Guiding and stewarding in museums, historic houses and gardens
Use NADFAS Heritage Volunteers to support your project
If your organisation could benefit from a team of enthusiastic, disciplined and committed volunteers to help with collection care, documentation, stewarding or guiding, talk to us about our Heritage Volunteers.